January Book News
January 29, 2011
tags: Alan Gribben, books, Caldecott, Heart of the Samurai, Huck Finn, Hunger Games, Hunger Games movie, Newbery, Snooki
(Semi-Recent) Book News!
- Huck Finn edited. Do a Google search for any number of articles and conversations, and listen to the Brain Burps About Books podcast with Dr. Alan Gribben here.
- Children’s / YA award winners! Minnesota has a great showing. (sidenote: I met Margi Preus at a launch party this fall, and foolishly didn’t buy Heart of the Samurai. Damn grad school budget).
- Award winners bumped from traditional Today Show spot in favor of… Snooki, famous Jersey Shore star, poof innovator, and now author (PopEater places her amongst other literary greats). Shame, America.
- The Hunger Games movie, directed by Gary Ross (Pleasantville, Seabiscuit), to be released March 23, 2012. Mark your calendars!
- Rumors that the Nook is on the way out.
- Shelf Awareness seeks an editor. I get really excited and then remember that I’m not in a place to move out to NYC… not quite yet.
Take a poll, please?